A new job is challenging however every experience prepares you for the next chapter.
After working for a non-profit organization for 12 months and 14 days, I realized how much I learned about myself. Job loss can be very challenging but I am using this time to REFOCUS and PRIORITIZE!!! Whew I feel this time is necessary to determine what is most important for me and my kids. I thought my new role required me to be fully committed to make a difference. As I reflect on the year, it dawned on me how much the weight of bringing my laptop home every night to work after dinner, in the wee hours of the night, and sometimes on my weekend was exhausting . I think it is important to never lose defining your dreams as you work on fulfilling someone else’s. When you move on it brings OPPORTUNITY to shape the next move and hopefully INSPIRE ME to fulfill my DREAMS at the same time!
What I Learned……
- Lead by example!
- Respect is reciprocal!
- Integrity means everything!
- Do not compromise values and beliefs!
- Be passionate about what you do!
- Strive to make a difference!
- Every experience provides valuable lessons, learn from each and every one!
- Never burn your bridges!
- Honor the work that came before you!
- WORK TO LIVE NOT LIVE TO WORK!!!!!!
I found this PHENOMENAL video, a great summary on work/life balance!!!