Tiffany Mack’s ebook: Single Mother by Circumstance, Single Parent by Choice
I love connecting with single moms across social media. Who knew listening to a scope titled Black Girls Golf would lead me to Tiffany Mack’s ebook Single Mother by Circumstance, Single Parent by Choice.
It was such a great read I had to share with my single moms. It is Tiffany’s viewpoint on the difference between a single mother and single parent. She too is a divorced mom which she states being a single mom equates to your marital status, Single and a Mother. While being a single parent is by choice. Personally I find it difficult to ask for help if it is someone outside of family or close friends. One important fact that Tiffany points out is to wisely select those in our community at large to assist with parenting our children.
Five Things I Learned:
- Commit to creating a village for my children.
- Set boundaries with my children and provide explanations.
- Be honest with my children, the discussions should be age appropriate. They know and understand more than we think.
- Be honest with others in terms of my needs, allow others to pitch in. This is only possible if others know what you need.
- Acknowledge I am not superwoman, take time to decompress!
To read some wonderful words of wisdom, check out the ebook Single Mother by Circumstance, Single Parent by Choice :Strategies from a Single-Mom Who Never Became A Single-Parent at TiffanyMack.