Are you a fan of online photo editors? I was given the opportunity to review the online photo editor, FotoJet. This photo editor is free and requires no download. It offers a lot of possibilities for your digital photos whether you for either a Windows based or Apple based PC.
What I liked most is the ability to create your own collage or use the pre-designed templates for photos to post on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube cover and Twitter. There is even a miscellaneous category that allows you create fun and quirky templates with your photos with fun photo, comic and magazine designs.
If you like to create photo cards for the holidays ahead there are templates for holiday cards as well.
In my review I used two pre-designed templates to create Facebook posts f0r two of my photos. It was very easy and quick. You choose the template and add the photos(s). After the photos are added you position in the template. Presto!!!!
I also used a pre-designed template for some of my photos. The template is very clear on how many photos are needed. You simply add photos and move photos inside of template.
Lastly, I created my own collage with my digital photos. The steps were pretty simple.
- Choose collage layout, collage ratio, layout border by the percentage(I found this was comparable to whole numbers), corner rounding, and background. From the background you can select color, pattern or image. If you select color you can add any color from the color wheel.
- You can add photos from computer or Facebook, once the photo is added you move into the collage. You can adjust the photo placement and width to your desired preference.
- Click text icon, select text style with over 10 choices, then you choose the font you want. There are two font tabs w offer a large selection of fonts to use on your collage. There are plenty of fonts to choose from to create your uniquely designed collage. You can resize the font(by clicking the + or -) and use the color wheel to customize your font to your preference.
- Adding clipart is another option. This gives more than enough options for adding making your collage UNIQUE.
- Lastly, save as a .jpg or .png file type, the quality has options of low, medium and high. I’m not sure the difference as I saw no significant changes among the settings. The size options are small, medium or large. These pre-sized by the number of pixels per each size.
- If you want to share to your social media platform you can share to Facebook only.
I can see using this online photo editor in addition to my other editors. A few things I would like to see added:
- the ability to size a collage, I like to create collages for my YouTube thumbnails using 1280×720 .
- Also offering the option of resizing photos if needed for my blog posts, over 900 pixels is too large for my template
- I thought offering the style of text and then the font selection was a little confusing. If this was one option preferably just offering the fonts.