Divorcing is a major undertaking and can be an extreme emotional roller coaster. However, if a person is a married person but living as a single person I see no options.
Social Media Story
After reading a story on Facebook, I am baffled on how there is some twisted competition between a wife and the other woman(“girlfriend”). A local newspaper published two different obituaries, one from the wife and the other from the “girlfriend”. For the life of me, I can’t comprehend how a husband is another woman’s boyfriend. This supports the new term “married and single”. It seems the entire institution has become an absolute JOKE. The story unfolds with the man living with his “girlfriend” and no divorce. Aside from the disgust of the story, the comments associated with the story were shocking, to say the least.
As I unravel this debacle based on my own perspective and experience, there are a few things that come to my mind:
- I see no glory in holding on to someone who has obviously moved on with someone else.
- Why stay connected to a person who has no respect, standards or decency for you as a person?
- If you are married and living single, divorce is available if you want it. There are options! I took a day off to spend it in a law library to file some remaining documents to move my divorce further along. I clearly wanted out of what was a mockery of the institution. My family law attorney was more than capable, however, legal fees are extremely costly. Also when good lawyers file they try to gain as much for you as possible. In my situation, it was not worth the stress and headache to try to negotiate with ignorance.
- A cheating spouse is not a consolation prize in anyone’s “Craker Jack” box.
- I will never understand why some relish in making this entire process utterly miserable when you have chosen to move on with another person.
- The wife has all rights in terms of legality which clearly means SAID GIRLFRIEND gets nothing!
I see no competition living a life of dysfunction. Personally, I find more peace living a life that is void of toxic people and situations.
<iframe src=”https://madmimi.com/signups/208467/iframe” scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ height=”285″ style=”max-width: 300px; width: 100%;”></iframe>