Planning for the unexpected. Losing a job is never welcome news however I feel all experiences are a valuable lesson of some kind. My last day at my previous job was May 30th. I stayed in my last position for a year but feel I learned more in a one year than the last twenty years of working.
I used the time to focus on all the things I had put off in the last year to get my HOUSE in order. In addition to my goal setting and planning I continued to look for a new position. As I prepare to start a new job on Tuesday, I thought about some of the things I have accomplished in 3 months.
Planning -Things I Accomplished in 3 months
- Updated resume with wonderful assistance
- Had real conversations with my kids
- Created an office space/organization station in apartment
- Secured medical and dental benefits for the me and the kids
- Took an online programming course via Khan Academy, I still have to finish but it was fun to learn something completely new. We are never too old to learn.
- Consulted with a financial expert on debt elimination and credit restoration
- Educated myself on my rights as a consumer with debt
- Reviewed my credit report from all three credit bureaus, updated credit report with consumer statement and corrections. Yes you can do this on your own without hiring anyone.
- Sent cease and desist letters to creditors to stop communication via phone and mail
- I found a monthly budget template to control and monitor my spending
- Finished lining kitchen shelves, sewing project, and reupholstering chairs
- Worked with Danyelle Little at The Cubicle Chick to give my blog some SIZZLE as she says
- Attended my first blogging conference in NYC
- Finished some odd jobs in the apartment without hiring someone
- Completed kids’ back to school shopping
- Planned a momcation for my birthday, TBD
- Unpacked some boxes from our move in last year
- Learned FEDEX store will shred documents for $.99/lb, saved on buying a shredder
- Watched some great movies on Amazon Prime and HBO Go
- Had fun working on social media platforms and connecting with people
- Trying my hand at designing for my blog as well as vlogging
- Planning and organizing for back to school and meal planning
- Getting all appointments scheduled for kids
- Visiting the city with kids for some fun activities
- NEW JOB!!!!!!!
Lesson Learned, use all of your time wisely for the purpose of a BETTER YOU! Work to Live and Live to Work! Where do you stand? My favorite video with the best PERSPECTIVE!