Fitness Progress in Four Months
My fitness journey started in October and I have survived through Thanksgiving and Christmas baking. My fitness regimen is still working out at least 3-4 times a week. All with home workouts using YouTube for my workouts. My equipment still includes resistance bands, kettlebell, dumbbells, and TRX. What I eat is still a priority? 80% food and 20% fitness. All of this is my version of a natural fit. I made significant progress and still working on building stronger abs and increasing my muscle mass. My plank is still a work in progress.
Some things that helped me in the last four months are the following:
- Plan meals that include whole grains, veggies, and a lean meat.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks or soda. I try to drink at least 64 oz. It helps both on the inside and outside.
- Plan and schedule workouts each week. If I fall short, it’s fine I just plan to do better for the next week.
- If I crave sugar, I try to find a smaller version of what I am craving. This means a square of chocolate, not an entire candy bar.
- Brown bag lunches, saves money and eliminates the temptation of eating out.
- I try to do as many weight-bearing exercises as possible to build muscle mass.
- Find easy snacks that you can pack each day. Some of my favorites include green apples, natural peanut butter, whole grain crackers, cheese sticks, and greek yogurt.
- Mix up the workout with different equipment or try a new class. Boxing was new and a fun way to add a new form of exercise.
- Read labels
- If dining out, check the menu for the “light” entrees or low-calorie selections. For some places, choosing an appetizer vs. an entree saves on calories.
I wanted to challenge myself to fit in a two-piece bathing suit. Last, week’s throwback Thursday was to compare a picture that is about twenty-two years ago to now. Motivation to continue with my plan.