Do not toss your overipe bananas? I freeze them and pull out my banana bread recipe. I love banana bread and the only must for a great recipe- must be MOIST! This recipe was the absolute best and it lives up to the the title. *Recipe says to only bake for 35minutes, however I suggest checking the bread at 45-50mins. All the breads I have baked previously were never done at 35 minutes.
Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Ingredients
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 -5 very mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Combine 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl of an electric mixer fitted.
- Add mashed ripe bananas, milk and butter then beat well on low speed until blended then switch to hight speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining flour and eggs then beat until blended.
- Stir all in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepaired greased 8″x4″x2″ loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F oven until a tester inserted into center comes out clean,
it’s about 35 minutes.Suggest 45-55 minutes.
- Let it rest in the pan for about 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Then turn it out onto a cake rack to cool completely then divide into 15 slices to serve or store.