This post contains an affiliate
For the first week of the new year, I decided to try a 7 day free trial using a fitness app, called BodBot.
The app allows users to choose workouts based on using a gym or home workouts. Some of the data input includes
- setting fitness goals
- entering body information such as weight, height, and age
- highlight muscles of focus
- the app will create a workout schedule or the user can manage their own schedule
- the app makes recommendations on workouts based on progression
- offers fitness tests
- select equipment based on a gym or home(workouts appear with each equipment selection)
- exercise preferences
- joint history to avoid certain areas
- recovery assessments
- app preferences
- onnect health data
Users can add food intake, the only issue I had was not all foods are listed. There is no ability to scan the UPC code of packaged food. It counts calories, fat, carbohydrates, and proteins.
I liked the app for providing warm-up and cool down exercises but the actual workouts did not provide enough for burning a significant amount of calories. After the trial, I canceled the subscription. It is a low-cost app per month but it does not provide the workout intensity I need for my fitness regimen. For now I will stick to my free YouTube fitness videos.
You can follow my fitness journey on IG @cocoafitmom and clips of my workouts on Youtube @CocoaMommy.