The new year is an opportunity to continue my consistent fitness regimen and eating right. A healthy lifestyle is about focus, commitment, and training. Below are some of my tips on how I plan to continue making my wellness a priority.
Tips for Healthy Living
- Preventative Office Visit and Lab Work – my insurance plan covers an annual preventative office visit and blood work. This is extremely helpful with implementing changes. I now take vitamins and fish oil supplements. This helps with providing me with additional nutrients and vitamins. Supplements are only helpful if eating the right foods. Fish oil is a supplement that has omega-3 fatty acids, which help to reduce triglycerides and protect against heart disease.
- Annual Eye Exam – My last eye exam was two years and I decided to add this my health to- do list. After my examination, the optometrist suggested I continue to schedule once a year based on my age. This was followed up by an exam and a new prescription. If it’s time for a new exam and prescription, if eligible you can try this new app from Warby Parker
- Once you have a new prescription, you can check out Warby for new eyeglasses
- Fitness Equipment
- YouTube is my go-to for free fitness videos. I have achieved a lot of progress with kettlebells, TRX, and resistance bands. I need to add more to my equipment with additional dumbbells, a heavier kettlebell, and a cycling bike. Also, I like to add other workouts to diversify my fitness regimen. Last month, I tried a boxing class and now I have to research adding a bag for boxing at home. Some of the other workouts I enjoy are Barre, Yoga, and Pilates.
- Food and Snacks – My favorite places for grocery shopping is either Wegmans or Whole Foods. I am learning that paying a bit more for quality is worth it.