*The recipe below is if you prepare the day before serving.
This is the perfect recipe for any get-together. As I prepared for my 29th Class Reunion get-together at Painting with a Twist, this was ideal for our bring a dish and bottle. If you’re from Philadelphia, you are all too familiar with hoagies. This dip is an Italian hoagie in a serving bowl. It is absolutely delicious.
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Yield: 8 cups
- Category: Cooking and Baking by Me
- 1/2 pound cooked ham
- 1/2 pound hard salami
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese
- 1/2 head of lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, remove seeds
- 1 small, onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 French baguettes, sliced
- Chop ham, salami, and provolone cheese into small pieces. Set in a large bowl.
- Chop lettuce. Add mayonnaise, oregano and Italian seasoning. Mix well and store in refrigerator.
- Chop onion. Store in storage bag and refrigerate.
- Chop tomatoes and remove seeds to eliminate excess water in the dip. Store in a storage bag and refrigerate.
- Before serving, add the onion and tomatoes. If needed, add additional mayonnaise. Sprinkle top with additional oregano and Italian seasoning according to your taste