Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
I found the best chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe. What is the perfect chewy chocolate chip cookie? I love a homemade chewy cookie that remains chewy days after baking. On Pinterest, there are hundreds of recipes for a “chewy” chocolate chip cookie and it varies depending on the combination of ingredients. I found the perfect recipe that incorporates cornstarch(this was a first for me) and this was from GrandBabyCakes. This year I added my sea salt in place of regular salt.
This was my first time using any of these recipes and this was clearly a great recipe and KID APPROVED! My kids could not stop eating.
The recipe begins below, PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt(I used sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg plus 2 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder and baking soda and put aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add butter and both granulated and brown sugars and cream together for 3-4 minutes on high until light and fluffy…………
There are some really great tips on how to get a perfectly chewy cookie. One tip includes under baking the cookie for a chewy cookie. I wanted to stick as close as possible to the recipe, however, on my next batch I am definitely going to remove from the oven a few minutes before the full baking time.
Tips*: Refrigerate for 2 hours instead of 1 hour. Watch the time closely!
We are now adding this cookie to our recipe box under COOKIES.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Batter….
I hope you enjoy with a cold glass of milk….