Streaming made easy with Roku. For four years I went without a tv in my bedroom because I did not want to incur additional charges for another cable line and box.
Roku saved me these charges while using my Xfinity wifi with the Xfinity streaming app. I purchased the Roku+ streaming stick to pair with my smart tv. There are Roku TVs with the app installed. The steps were simple with my smart tv.
Pairing Roku with Smart Tv
- Install the stick in HDMI USB port of tv.
- Select source on tv remote
- Follow steps for activation. Initially, my activation instructions were in German. I held down the reset button on the stick so it was restored to English.
- Go online on smartphone or laptop to Roku Activate, use code from tv to enter in the field for activation. From this screen, you can add the desired channels. A credit card is held on file for Roku in the event an app with a charge is selected. Select a pin to approve adding apps.
- Go through the remainder of instructions for pairing Roku with tv.
- Go to the home button on the Roku remote and select the desired channel.
- If you have Xfinity wifi, add Xfinity Stream Beta app
- For Netflix and Amazon video you just have to sign in to your accounts.
- For adding Youtube, link with email for YouTube account from smartphone or laptop. It will require a Roku pin and activation code to add the channel
The Roku remote allows me to search for channels, set channels as favorites, search for a program or movie by name, or by channel number. Pairing the Roku stick with my smart tv saved on a monthly box charge as well as the installation fee for a new cable line. If I decide to remove the cable box in the other room, I can replace it with another Roku streaming stick.