Tattoo, My Experience
Some will say the pain is like childbirth and you quickly forget it. I totally disagree although I told my 9yo when she is old enough we can go to get matching tattoos. What in the world? If and only if I decide to do it again the next tattoo will be the tiniest design with to no detail. No, I beg to differ the pain is memorable. I wish I could provide a list of things to do better prepare but I’m lost for words.
Now what I can offer for a first tattoo are the following:
- Don’t go overboard with the design, KEEP IT SIMPLE!
- Pick a location for the tattoo with thicker skin. As stated, my tattoo is on my back. My theory is the wrist and foot are a bit more painful.
- Consult with the artist on design and the amount of time from start to finish. Some designs look beautiful, however, the time to complete may require hours if not days.
- Take someone for moral support
- Don’t consult with anyone who has over 5+ tattoos, they have no threshold of pain!
- Do have a great cocktail after you’re finished.