Last week I finally took the time to watch this video in its entirety. It is a very poignant and candid conversation The most touching part of the video is her conversation with her mother. It is obvious her circumstances during her childhood made her a highly mature individual and she harbored no resentment toward her mother’s choices.
When her daughter asked her about being a wife and a mother. I swear a lightbulb went off in my head. It was like Jada was tapping me on the shoulder as she nailed the reality of being a wife and a mother. Although I am no longer a wife it made me reflect on my life as a wife. I never fully understood the importance of taking care of me first and foremost. It’s a new day and as a mom I have to take care of ME in order to be at my best.
5 Things I Learned
- Be transparent with myself, being a mom is challenging
- Take ME time with no guilt
- Take care of yourself to renew myself mentally and physically
- Seek help from who are willing and able to assist
- Never feel guilty for doing you
If I’m HAPPY my kids are HAPPY