photo credit: cocoamommy
Another Christmas favorite, especially for my TWEEN. This is a no fail recipe. Set your timer, do not over bake. These are moist and chewy. One year I was thinking to make PB&J sandwich cookies. I haven’t sold my TWEEN on this idea yet.
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
Or 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in a crisscross pattern with tines of fork.
- BAKE one baking sheet at a time 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.
Serving Size (1/36), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 100mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
recipe credit: www.jif.com