When it gets warm I always crave this wonderful dessert, I discovered the recipe watching one of my favorite Food Network cooks- Paula Deen. I hope you enjoy it too.
Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
- 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding(if not available I use vanilla)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Photo and recipe credit : Not Yo Mama’s Banana Pudding